- 3 tbsp. coriander seed
- ¼ tsp. mustard seed
- 1 finger fresh ginger
- ½ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ cups white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups shrimp (approximately 16-20, peeled and deveined)
- Toast coriander, mustard seed, ginger, onion, lemon, red pepper and bay leaves in a small saute pan.
- Add vinegar and water to toasted spices and bring to a boil.
- Pour hot boiling liquid over shrimp in a sterile container. (Any plastic or glass container with an airtight lid
- Cool at room temperature before chilling overnight. Pickle for a maximum of 2 days.
Parsley Oil Ingredients
- 2 bunches fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. walnut oil
- 4 tbsp. orange oil (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Blanch, shock and drain parsley with stems intact.
- 2. Puree in blender with oils and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- 3. Strain through a coffee filter and refrigerate overnight.
To infuse the orange oil:
- 1 whole orange
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1. Peel orange, getting as little of the pith as possible.
- 2. Warm oil to 150 degrees. Turn off heat and add orange zest.
- 3. Let sit at room temperature for 3-6 hours and then strain out orange peel.
Place pickled shrimp on a bed of arugula or other flavorful green, add salt and pepper to taste, and finish with a drizzle of parsley oil.